Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: February 2, 2018
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Academic Affairs seeks a dynamic leader possessing college-level administrative experience working with faculty and students to serve as the Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs. The chosen candidate will be expected to have excellent writing, communication, technology, and problem-solving skills and a facility for monitoring programs and academic information. The chosen candidate is expected to have sufficient background in postsecondary assessment to support the research and planning functions of Academic Affairs. Knowledge and experience in the areas of accreditation and state policy/policy mandates is a plus. The Assistant Dean reports directly to Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs. Responsibilities include:
- Facilitating the revision, development and approval of academic programs, courses and policy.
- Maintaining good communication between Academic Affairs and the college community, the State University of New York, and transfer institutions.
- Assisting in the interpretation and implementation of academic initiatives mandated by the State University of New York.
- Ensuring that the College maintains a robust system of collecting, reporting, and analyzing data for Student and Program Outcomes assessment.
- Ensuring that Program Review is carried out in a robust and timely manner.
- Developing and overseeing procedures for collecting, publishing and maintaining accurate academic information.
- Engaging the Academic Affairs division in the use of software and on-line systems that support quality and efficiency in academic operations.
- Negotiating and drafting transfer articulation agreements.
- Providing workshops on issues related to course and program development as needed.
- Serving on the Academic Leadership Council and other appropriate college committees
- All other duties, as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Higher Education Administration, Public Policy or Public Administration, or one of the social sciences is required. Five years of experience in higher education administration, 3 years of which must have been in a supervisory position, is also required. The successful candidate must be excellent with technology and able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
College-level teaching experience is preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $93,428 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking “here.” Candidates can also send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Assistant Dean of Academic Affairs” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to application received by March 9, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.