Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator
The Native Plant Center, located on the Valhalla campus of Westchester Community College (WCC), is a program of the WCC Foundation and an affiliate of the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center in Texas. The Native Plant Center maintains demonstration gardens and educates the public about the environmental necessity, economic value, and natural beauty of native plants. The Center is seeking a part-time Administrative Assistant/Events Coordinator to provide integral program support and to handle specific events.
- Assist the Director in all aspects of running the Center
- Manage the office and handle all administrative duties, including: mail, phones, e-mail, supplies, work orders, invoices, check requests, note-taking at meetings, drafting correspondence.
- Organize, coordinate, and implement events and programs, from start to finish, including all logistics, greeting/check-in, etc.
- Record registration and payments for events/programs and maintain profit/loss statements for each
- Update, maintain, and manage membership lists, mailings, e-blasts, website, etc.
- Identify needs and oversee work-study students
- Help to coordinate volunteers and maintain records
- Help to promote events
- Extensive knowledge of administrative practices and procedures with demonstrated efficiency and effectiveness
- Minimum of 5 years office management and administrative support experience
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally with members, donors, staff, and the public
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed-oriented
- Ability to maintain records and to take projects from start to finish
- Team player who can collaborate with wide range of people
- Ability to work independently and handle competing priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dependable, hard-working, flexible, positive
- Shows initiative yet takes direction as well
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook, database
- Knowledge of social media a plus
- Interest in native plants and the environment a plus
- Able to work evenings and weekends as necessary
This is a part-time position (17 ½ hours/week); salary is commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Native Plant Center at Westchester Community College
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595