Academic Technology Coordinator/Division Coordinator (WCC)
DIVISION/DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the College’s Vice President of Information Technology, this position is responsible for assisting faculty by providing user support on instructional technologies. Functions include but are not limited to:
- Working with the academic areas of the college and Information Technology to implement priorities & goals, coordinating hardware and software purchases in the computer area, and related media and equipment.
- Acting as a liaison between the academic areas of the college and the Information Technology department to aid in the implementation and facilitation of faculty initiatives.
- Supporting faculty with the use of campus software, including PeopleSoft and applications used for instruction.
- Overseeing the planning, design, implementation and support of computer technology in student labs and classrooms.
- Recommending policies and procedures to enhance student learning in computer labs and classrooms.
- Coordinating development of academic technology budget proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree and 2 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of experience in the area of computer technologies is strongly preferred. Knowledge of current computing and information technologies and their applications in an instructional setting is required. Experience working with the Internet and desktop applications in a network environment is required. Effective and collaborative leadership style to support organizational and technological change, including excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills is also required. Experience in project planning is desirable.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $68,760 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Academic Technology Coordinator/Division Coordinator (WCC)” in the subject line of the email or mail to apply:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building – Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: The position will be filled immediately. Priority will be given to applications received by March 28, 2014.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.