Department/Division/Location: Westchester Educational Opportunity Center (WEOC)
Hourly Rate of Pay: $39.85/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
Responsibilities: Under general supervision of the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, the Adjunct Counselor:
- Administers and interprets interest, aptitude and intelligence tests and conducts interviews to obtain information about personal, academic and work histories to determine students’ placement in programs and their service needs;
- Provides guidance and counseling related to personal, academic and work matters and provides intervention services when indicated;
- Develops and monitors progress toward achieving educational and career plans with students;
- Provides crisis intervention referrals to external service agencies, when indicated;
- Monitors and evaluates students’ progress in class and takes appropriate action to address any concerns;
- Documents counseling, case management, educational and career planning and other student interventions in student files, as appropriate.
- Regular travel to remote sites required.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a non-specific field, a Master’s degree in Guidance Counseling, Psychology, Sociology, or closely related field, and 2 years of professional experience.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Adjunct Counselor – WEOC” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.