FSA Executive Director
The Faculty Student Association of Westchester Community College (Westchester Community College FSA) is a 501(c)-3 non-profit organization registered by the State of New York. Since 1953, the FSA has provided educational related services to benefit Westchester Community College including, but not limited to: campus dining services, bookstore, vending, performing arts, and other auxiliary services aimed to support the students, faculty, and staff of the College. The Westchester Community College FSA endeavors to be an effective service component for Westchester Community College that supports student success. The Westchester Community College FSA works collaboratively and cross-functionally with all campus constituencies including students, faculty, staff, administration and the greater community.
Reporting to the Board of Directors of the Westchester Community College FSA, the Executive Director serves as the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the Association. The Executive Director is responsible for the administration of all Westchester Community College FSA activities and operations and maintains daily oversight of the Association. The Executive Director is responsible for establishing a strategic vision, in conjunction with the Board, and provides leadership for the Association with emphasis on the continued development, refinement and implementation of services delivered. The incumbent will ensure Westchester Community College FSA services contribute to the quality of campus life in a flexible, efficient and responsive manner to support the mission of Westchester Community College in response to evolving needs and institutional priorities, while ensuring Westchester Community College FSA and affiliates provide superior value, excellence and service.
The incumbent is responsible for understanding and advocating the issues of the diverse campus constituencies as they relate to Westchester Community College FSA’s contractual services and for being the senior representative of FSA. In consultation with the Board, the incumbent leads the planning processes for long/short term strategic goals and priorities using evidence-based decision-making. The incumbent is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Westchester Community College FSA Board of Directors.
The responsibilities of the Executive Director of the Westchester Community College FSA include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures strategic objectives are defined, communicated, and measured for progress using best practices and data analysis
- Develops Westchester Community College FSA policies to align with legal requirements, college vision, and the Association’s mission and goals.
- Assumes responsibility for the timely preparation, submission, and administration of the budgets and comparative operating reports for all Westchester Community College FSA units.
- Assumes responsibility for the authorization of purchases and payments, and the supervision of all records involved in the operation of the Westchester Community College FSA.
- Has fiduciary responsibility for funds collected for Equipment Utilization and Cultural Arts fees.
- Monitors student activity fee and student services fee financial operations. Reports and makes recommendations for improved fiscal oversight of these college fees to college employees whose budgets are derived from these fees.
- Responsible for financial records of the Westchester Community College FSA. Monitors and controls budgetary appropriations and is responsible for effective reporting of expenditures and revenues throughout the fiscal year to the Westchester Community College FSA Board of Directors.
- Maintains a current investment portfolio, where applicable.
- Supervises and reports on the operations and accountability of Facilities Utilization Accounts (FUF).
- Supervises the FSA Business Office Staff, Coordinator of Cultural Affairs, and the Director of Dining Services.
- Recruits, retains, and develops a team of qualified, dedicated professionals aligned with vision and mission objectives
- Develops staff recruitment plans, training programs, and professional development opportunities to build a best in class staff and management team of the Westchester Community College FSA.
- Manages staff to ensure Westchester Community College FSA remains in compliance with all applicable financial, employment, health and safety, and facility requirements (among others)
- Supervises operations of all Westchester Community College FSA service operations (business office and dining services), and affiliate service providers, including vending, bookstore, etc.
- Coordinates with contracted vendors’ to ensure they deliver best-in-class service for Westchester Community College FSA constituents with a focus on value, quality and service
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in daily operations to ensure high caliber, efficient, and dynamic services are provided to constituency groups.
- With the Director of Athletics, manages the rental process derived from community usage of sports fields, gymnasium, pool, and any other income-producing student and campus activities under the auspices of the Westchester Community College FSA.
- Meet regularly with the FSA Board President and the Westchester Community College Vice President & Dean of Administrative Services, who serves as the primary College liaison to the Westchester Community College FSA, to identify areas of improvement, address areas of concern, and identify areas of growth for the FSA and/or College.
- Other duties as assigned by the Westchester Community College FSA Board of Directors.
- A Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration or a related field.
- Thorough knowledge of modern accounting and auditing theory/practice, financial accounting, cost accounting, and budgetary procedures, financial management information systems and controls; thorough knowledge of office procedures and practices;
- Working knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local laws and regulations;
- Ability to plan and direct the work of a substantial number of employees;
- A commitment to fostering an environment supportive of student success and well-being.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience and knowledge managing a not-for-profit organization
- Experience with the Great Plains accounting software
POSITION EFFECTIVE: Recruitment will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: This position is sponsored by the Westchester Community College FSA and is not an employee of Westchester County. The starting salary is commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits through the Westchester Community College FSA.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by November 1, 2018.