Date: March 2018
Position: Manager of Special Events
The Westchester Community College Foundation was founded in 1969, with the goal to raise funds to meet college and student needs not covered by public funds. It is historically a top-performing community college foundation, raising on average between $4 and $6 million in private funds annually, and disbursing almost $2 million in scholarship funds annually.
The following position requires experience in all aspects of event management, the ability to work closely with top donors and Board members, and skill in building relationships in a culturally-diverse work environment.
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Grants Department/The Division of External Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: Reporting to the Director of Development and Leadership Giving, the Director of Special Events is a senior member of the management team responsible for the planning and execution of WCC Foundation’s three signature events: Celebrity Salons, President’s Forum, & Great Chefs. Assist various Senior Staff members and Board Committee Chairs with the planning and execution of other Foundation stewardship events, including the Annual Scholarship Recognition Ceremony, Donor and President’s Council events and additional events as they arise. Responsibilities focus primarily on stewardship and fundraising events.
- Work directly with Board Planning Committee and Committee Chairs on theme, details and overall event(s); Liaise with Committee Chair, guest speakers, and planning committees
- Create and manage event budgets and calendar of events; coordinate event committee meetings, event details; Manage RSVP’s, track attendance in data base, pre-and post-event informational mailings
- Responsible for event planning, execution, set up and break down, and follow up; Work with numerous departments on campus to ensure success; coordinate with College Community Relations on press releases, website updates, photo requests, press attending an event and post event coverage;
- Collaborate with numerous outside vendors, including rental companies, catering company, AV, valet services, and others; Coordinate design, execution of all printed material- programs, invitations, reply cards, etc. Work with Design Company, Committee Chairs, Planning Committee and Senior Staff on content and design.
- Participate as a member of the Development team in developing overall fund raising strategies; Represent the College/Foundation at special events and outside functions; Track and report progress on an on-going basis
BA degree is required; 3 – 5 years prior experience as an events coordinator is desired, preferably with the non-profit sector; Hospitality Management background a plus. Demonstrated organization and planning skills and exceptional attention to detail required. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred. Outstanding writing abilities and verbal communication skills. Demonstrated understanding of the complexity of the volunteer/professional relationship and success managing relationships in a warm and professional manner.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position is available immediately.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary range begins at $61,900 and is commensurate with experience, plus benefits.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Westchester Community College.
Please click here to take the Affirmative Action/Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Survey before or after submitting your application.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com indicating “Manager of Special Events” in the subject line of the email.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by March 30, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning.