Assistant Director For Orientation and Programming
Westchester Community College
For Orientation and Programming
Office of Student Involvement
The Assistant Director, under the general supervision of the Director of Student Involvement, will be responsible for coordinating programs, events and workshops for several hundred students that are transitioning into the college, will primarily advise the Westchester Events Board, and work collaboratively with campus committees to develop programs for those who seek to enhance their multicultural competence among the student body of the institution.
The Office of Student Involvement is committed to providing comprehensive and meaningful experiences for students in the co-curriculum. Through the creation of intentional environments, the Office of Student Involvement helps students acquire leadership and other transferable skills that can be utilized throughout their academic and professional careers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate New Student Orientation, to include: program planning, implementation, and assessment for summer, winter, and online programs; as well as the selection, training, and supervision of the student Orientation Leaders/Peer Advisors.
- Design and implement diversity training program initiatives that support students’ development of multicultural competencies by developing, implementing and evaluating programs that address these needs. Work with students to create cultural celebrations that promote awareness and education on campus.
- Investigates new instructional methods for orientation and diversity trainings to meet educational objectives of students.
- Ensures the delivery of educational services in the areas of orientation and diversity programs by effectively coordinating the administrative aspects involved.
- Ensures the instructional objectives meet the program goals for orientation and multicultural program participants.
- Co-advise the College’s Westchester Events Board, including but not limited to the: Executive Board and Campus Programmers.
- Monitors all program costs and assists in the development of budgets.
- Assist the Director of Student Involvement with advancing the mission of the Department.
- Attend, present, and represent the office at College events as required.
- Serve on student, divisional, and college committees.
- Value and take part in professional development, research, and assessment initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree and two years of experience in student affairs, preferably within student activities and orientation. This individual must have working knowledge of student development theory and experience advising and training student organizations.
Satisfactory completion of 30 credits towards a Master’s Degree may be substituted for each year of the experience.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: June 2018
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $61,979 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Candidates must send a letter expressing interest in this position, a resume, and three professional references to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Assistant Director for Orientation and Programming” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Department of Student Involvement
c/o Tiago Machado
Westchester Community College
Student Center 108
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, New York 10595
Fax: (914) 606-6260
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by April 15, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.