Testing and Assessment Coordinator
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: December 21, 2017
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Center for Learning Resources, Library, Media & Instructional Technology
TITLE OF POSITION/RANK: Testing and Assessment Coordinator
RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the general supervision of the Dean of the Center for Learning Resources, Library, Media and Instructional Technology, an incumbent of this position leads the Testing and Assessment Center. This individual works with students, faculty, staff, and administrators to create an environment to support and foster student success. S/he ensures delivery of excellent customer service as well as test administrations, in accordance with state and vendor rules, regulations and procedures. S/he also coordinates communications with college departments and other offices on decisions regarding assessment and placement. The incumbent works closely with the Student Support Services Center and other offices to ensure test results are provided in a timely manner for use in academic advising decisions. Additional responsibilities include:
- Administers and interprets interest, aptitude and intelligence tests to determine students’ placement;
- Acts as a liaison with area high school guidance counselors to increase awareness of educational services offered at Westchester Community College;
- Advises students related to resolving issues with the testing, course recommendations, and impact on academic/career goals;
- Visits high schools to meet with prospective students both individually and in groups to disseminate information about Westchester Community College testing placement services;
- Creates and/or updates college information brochures to use as marketing tools in the recruitment effort;
- Works collaboratively with the Office of Institutional Research;
- Attends workshops, seminars and meetings to keep abreast of professional developments;
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing assignments;
- May perform other incidental tasks, as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Social Sciences, Guidance, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field with 3 years of experience in the fields of testing services, admissions counseling, or guidance counseling. A Master’s degree is strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be able to interpret data/information, and understand placement & testing techniques (e.g. Multiple Measures). S/he must have experience with standardized and computerized testing. The ability to work with a diverse student body, faculty and staff is required. S/he must have excellent oral and written communication skills. S/he must also have the ability to negotiate and problem solve as well as the ability to work in a collaborative environment. Strong technical skills as it relates to working with computers, variety of software and database programs required. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and customer service oriented with excellent interpersonal skills and knowledge of human relations. The strong ability to analyze collected data and write clear and concise reports is required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $57,415 plus excellent benefits.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents (Microsoft Word or PDF) by clicking here. Send resumes, cover letters, references and copies of transcripts to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Testing and Assessment Coordinator” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building- Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, N.Y. 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Priority will be given to applications received by February 16, 2018. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.