Program Specialist (WCC)/Assistant Director, Mount Vernon Extension Center
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Mount Vernon Extension Center
RESPONSIBILITIES: This full-time position assists with program development and management of a large, facility-based extension center that focuses on credit courses in general education and small business development, academic support and non-credit courses for adults and the local community. This position reports to the Director of the Extension Center. Responsibilities include:
- Assists the Center Director with program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Assists in community outreach efforts and marketing to credit and non-credit students.
- Assists with the administration of student application, registration and payment systems.
- Assists with the handling of facility related issues and contracts.
- Assists with the completion of schedules, payroll, bank deposits, and room assignments.
- Acts as on-site administrator in the absence of the Center Director.
- In collaboration with the director and others, develops, coordinates and recruits faculty for non-credit classes based in Mount Vernon for the general public, businesses, school personnel, community based organizations and other groups.
- Coordinates the provision of student support services and insures that students are informed about available services.
- Develops and maintains contacts with area employers, including organizing regular open houses and job fairs.
- Assists in the development and writing of grant proposals.
- Provide support to the Center Director in public relationships with local community organizations, on assigned business operations projects and special projects as needed.
- Participates in center strategic planning discussions and attends divisional and college-wide meetings as appropriate.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Regular work hours are Monday-Thursday: 11 am-7 pm and Friday: 8:30 am-4:30 pm, with occasional weekends. Some schedule flexibility during weekdays may be occasionally required.
QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services. A Master’s degree and experience in higher education or continuing education are strongly preferred. Microsoft Office Suite skills are required.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The starting salary is $56,660 plus competitive benefits.
TO APPLY: Please send a resume, cover letter and three letters of recommendation to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Program Specialist (WCC)/Assistant Director, Mt. Vernon Extension Center” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
HR Department, Administration Building- Suite 111
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence and lifelong learning.