Adjunct Counselor/Academic Counseling (CACSS)
The following position requires familiarity with the community college philosophy, and the ability to work within a culturally diverse college population.
Date: September 19, 2018
Position Title: Adjunct Counselor/Academic Counseling (CACSS)
Department/Division/Location: Center for Academic Counseling and Student Success
Responsibilities: Under the general supervision of the Acting Director of the Center for Academic Counseling and Student Success, the successful candidate for this position, among other responsibilities, will offer both personal and academic counseling to students. This position’s primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide personal counseling sessions to assess and address personal issues that might interfere with the student’s academic success;
- Assist students with the selection of career and curriculum choices and their requirements;
- Aid students with educational and life skill planning;
- Provide students with academic advisement based on their ability to succeed;
- Advise students of transfer and employment opportunities;
- Make referrals to both on and off-campus resources and community resources (e.g. Personal Counseling department (Social Workers), Tutoring, Library, and other community resources), where necessary;
- Participate in projects directly related to boosting the overall success of students and improving the services provided;
- Occasional evening and weekend hours will be required.
Qualifications: A Bachelor’s degree in a non-specific field and Master’s degree in Guidance, Counseling, Higher Education, Student Affairs, Psychology, Sociology, or a closely related field is required. Two years of experience required, preferably in a higher education setting. Preference will also be given to candidates who can communicate in both written and spoken Spanish.
Position Effective: The position will remain open until filled.
Hourly Rate of Pay: This is a grant funded position for 3 years. $43.56 per hour. No benefits.
How to Apply: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. You may upload your documents by clicking here or email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Adjunct Counselor/Academic Counseling (CACSS)” in the subject line of the email or mail to: Director, Human Resources, Westchester Community College, Administration Building – Suite B42, 75 Grasslands Road, Valhalla, NY 10595; Fax: (914) 606-7838.
Deadline for Applications: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.