Degree Works (Degree Audit) Help Page

The Degree Works degree audit is available for students admitted Fall 2013 term and later. To access Degree Works, students should log into their PeopleSoft Self Service account, click on the Student Services tab, and then click on the Student Records link where the Degree Works link will be available. Counselors will find the Degree Works link under the Advisers Menu. Students with admit terms prior to Spring 2015 should continue to use academic requirements in the PeopleSoft student center.

DegreeWorks Help Page


Q: What is a Degree Works degree audit?
A: A Degree Works degree audit is a review of past, current and planned coursework that provides information on completed and outstanding catalog requirements necessary to complete a degree/certificate, including units needed to graduate and GPA information. The audit is divided into block requirements such as Degree Core, Physical Education and Degree Requirements. Each block works like a checklist that has boxes that are automatically checked when a requirement is met. Check the audit legend for more information.
Back to top

Q: Who can use/access Degree Works?
A: As of Fall 2014, the Degree Works degree audit is available to students admitted Fall 2013 and later. Advisors, faculty, and selected staff will also have access for the purpose of supporting your progress through your academic career.
Back to top

Q: Is my information confidential?
A: Yes. Like other processes you use through PeopleSoft Self Service, Degree Works is accessed through your secure login. Remember that your advisor, faculty, and authorized staff will be able to view the information contained in Degree Works.
Back to top

Q: How do I know what classes I need to take?
A: Your audit will outline courses needed to meet degree and certificate requirements within each specific block. You may then use this information to discuss your plan with your academic advisor.
Back to top

Q: Can I register for classes in Degree Works?
A: No. Registration including prerequisite checks will continue to be handled through the PeopleSoft Self Service links for Registration.
Back to top

Q: How current will my information be in Degree Works?
A: The information in DegreeWorks is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in DegreeWorks tomorrow.
Back to top

Q: I think my audit is incorrect. What should I do?
A: Please ask your advisor/curriculum chair for assistance. The first step is to clarify what information you believe is wrong. These are the most common problems and courses of action:

  • My degree is wrong on my audit.
    If you have not officially changed your degree, you will need to request for the change to occur. If you believe you have already officially changed your degree check with the Registrar.

  • The requirements for my degree/certificate are wrong.
    Look at the academic year that appears on the major requirements block of the audit. According to our records this is the catalog (entry year) that you are using to complete your major requirements. If you believe you should be using older or newer requirements, contact your curriculum chair and the Registrar’s Office.

  • My transfer courses don’t appear in the right place.
    If you are concerned about a transfer course that should be applying in the audit, contact your curriculum chair.

  • Classes are not applying in the “right” place.
    DegreeWorks uses a ‘best fit’ approach for meeting requirements so classes may apply to different sections as you take more courses. If you have further questions, please contact your curriculum chair.

  • My curriculum chair or advisor gave me permission to substitute a course, but it’s not showing on my audit.
    Talk with your advisor/curriculum chair. A petition may be required before the substitution can be noted on your audit.

Back to top

Q: I’m pursuing two degrees, only one appears on the audit. How can I check the requirements for my other program of study?
A: Look at the degree information next to your name at the top of the screen. You’ll notice that the degree box has a drop-down arrow. Use this to select your second degree. Once you select on this, an audit with the additional degree and certificate will display.
Back to top

Q: I want to change my major. How can I see what would be required if I made this change?
A: You can use the “What if” option on the Audits tab to do an audit using criteria you select. Please be sure to select a Degree, Requirement term and Plan. What-if audits do not guarantee that you will be able to major in the area you select. If you decide you’d like to change your major, contact your current advisor and the department head of the new major.
Back to top

Q: Can my advisor see my What If scenario?
A: Since What If scenarios are not stored on DegreeWorks, your advisor can only see your results if the two of you work through a What If procedure together. You can also save a pdf version or print a copy to show your advisor.
Back to top

Q: Who should I contact if I still have questions or disagree with the audit?
A: Please contact your advisor or curriculum chair.
Back to top

Q: I have been cleared for graduation, but Degree Works says that I haven’t completed all my requirements. Does this mean that I won’t be able to graduate?
A: Not necessarily. This can be a timing issue such as posting of grades, removal of incompletes, posting of transfer credit, etc. for the current term. If you have followed through on any requirements you were told to complete, you should still be on track for graduation. Contact your curriculum chair as soon as possible.
Back to top

Q: Can I save or print my audit?
A: Yes. Utilizing the ‘Save as PDF’ button, you can save or print a .pdf version of your audit.
Back to top

Q: How is my degree audit different from my transcript?
A: Your degree audit is a tool to provide you with academic information related to your degree progress. It displays courses required and completed in your degree program. Your transcript is your official academic record and provides a chronological list of courses completed and other academic information.
Back to top

Q: What does the Graduation Calculator show?
A: The Graduation Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show what average you will need in your remaining credits to graduate with your desired GPA. The cumulative GPA excludes credit not taken at WCC as noted in the College Catalog.
Back to top

Q: What does the Term Calculator show?
A: The Term Calculator option on the GPA Calc tab will show an estimate of your cumulative GPA with the selected grades in your current term courses.
Back to top

Q: Are the calculated GPAs from the GPA Calc tab guaranteed?
A: No. This is an estimate only.
Back to top

Q: What is a FERPA restriction?
A: FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. More information about FERPA is located at  Under the Act students can opt to restrict their educational records. To place or remove a restriction a student must contact the Registrar’s Office or Counseling offices. FERPA restrictions do not apply to college personnel who need access to this information.